Apr 21, 2010

San Siro Disaster !!

This is really something of a shock to most Cule's, and a really tough pill to swallow. There is no one to blame but ourselves. I dont want to hear any Barca fan's blaming the ref, or whining about missed penalty calls or bring out one of those Drogba moments(X), the 14hr bus ride to Inter didn't diminish our strengths in any way, cause playing the finals in Madrid is reason enough for any Barcelonian to win and yes a draw at San Siro would also been considered a win.

I will try and make this as short and bitter as possible ... WE PLAYED BADLY, PERIOD !!!. Although I don't feel the scoreline is justifiable, I do feel Inter deserved to win seeing they possessed a more burning desire to win than us. We didn't work and push hard enough and our mid-field lacked something so fundamental and vital to Barca football, CONTROL.

I think we just went into the usual cruise gear after we were one goal up, just like the game with Arsenal where we had a 2 goal lead and we let them run over us in the end. Similarly after the first goal we just stopped with the pressure, Probably because we were gifted a goal by Inter with the most sloppy bit of defense I have seen by them all season (not like I have seen many of their games, but from what I have heard at least ).

This is the bleeding freaking Semi-Finals, Run till your legs drop off, Bleed till you have nothing to bleed anymore.Common we are BARCA, we set the bench mark atleast this season, prove why we are who we are.
Come hail or snow or a Volcanic shower of ASH, we have to play at our best.
Give them NOTHING and take from them EVERYTHING.

It's not the loss that infuriates me its that we didn't play at our best yesterday, If we would have lost after playing our best I would have nothing but controlled jubilation for Inter but I would know that they truly deserve to be in the finals and we didn't.

I agree we have been racking up a lot of extra miles playing game after game, but that is no excuse to how we played yesterday. We gave away the ball got impatient most of the time with the Ref and the blatant ill-intent of the Inter players, but then the world knows how Inter play.
Play your opponent and not the game.

A lesson well learnt, better sooner than later. I think this has now become our most difficult match up ever this season. And to overcome this loss, I think its time for one of those Pep inspirational speeches or just reel out another or if not the same gladiator video. We will literally have to move mountains if we have to win this tie in the second leg and lets hope we can.

A Champions League of this magnitude for a Barcelona team cannot and will not come easy.

BARCA FOR LIFE, in your best and worst moments.
FORCA BARCA


No comments:

Post a Comment