Mar 14, 2010

Pep Guardiola - "Lies Have Led To My Touchline Ban"

Pep Guardiola who is serving a one match ban after he was sent off by official Carlos Clos Gomez.
He was quoted saying this at the sport press conference
"The referee knows that he lied in the report. He knows it - the linesman as well"
"It's not that I'm proud of what I did. I can understand the sending off, but we decided to contest it because Mr Clos and Mr Gallego [the assistant referee] lied"
"I was wrong and I went to the stands, but they lied... and they know it. There will be more sendings off, because I'm like that - I use common sense from time to time, but I have character."

Pep is going to greatly missed today for the match against Valencia who is 3rd in the league. This match is one of the most important games this season, keeping in mind that Barca and Real are equal on points and we cannot afford any Losses let alone a draw if we look to win the League.

No comments:

Post a Comment